Can nurses remove spinal boards and cervical collars safely?
John Sexton Senior Charge Nurse, Emergency Department, Royal United Hospital
Based on research carried out in the US, John Sexton suggests guidelines on the removal of spinal boards and hard collars that can benefit both patient and nursing staff
As an A&E nurse, have you ever thought what it must be like for a patient who comes to your department on a spinal board, with a rigid cervical collar on?
6, 9, 8-12.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now