What you can do to directly help the homeless people in your care
Petra Kendall-Raynor Health writer
With the number of homeless people’s visits to emergency departments soaring, simply showing kindness could make all the difference
The number of visits by homeless people to emergency departments (EDs) in England has more than trebled since 2011, an investigation by the British Medical Association (BMA) shows.
Emergency Nurse. 27, 3, 8-9. doi: 10.7748/en.27.3.8.s8
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now