NICOLA BATES and ZOE TIZZARD describe the clinical features and treatment of exposure to the most commonly used DIY products in domestic environments
Home improvement is an increasingly popular pastime and there is a wide range of decorating DIY products available to the general public. Accidental exposure in the home may occur following splashes or spills, or when products are not used safely, for example in inadequately ventilated areas or without protective clothing. Adults may also be poisoned after deliberate ingestion or inhalation of products. Although intentional exposures are rare, they tend to result in more severe toxicity.
Emergency Nurse. 10, 8, 26-31. doi: 10.7748/en2002.12.10.8.26.c1088
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now