Achilles tendon injury: assessment and management in the emergency department
John Kerr Senior charge nurse, A&E department, St Mary’s Hospital NHS Trust, London
Effective diagnosis, assessment and management of patients with Achilles tendon injury are needed to ensure that future dysfunction of the foot is minimised, says JOHN KERR
The Achilles tendon is the largest, thickest and strongest tendon in the body. Nevertheless, it is vulnerable to injury in several ways.
Emergency Nurse. 13, 2, 32-38. doi: 10.7748/en2005.05.13.2.32.c1186
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now