A guide to travel health
Adrienne Willcox Senior life-long learning fellow, RCN Institute, Wales
Mike Hayward RCN professional nurse adviser, Acute and emergency care
Emergency nurses must be aware of travel-related illnesses and injuries, and the importance of history taking in their treatment, argue ADRIENNE WILLCOX and MIKE HAYWARD
Budget airlines, greater worldwide travel networks and faster access to formerly inaccess ible and ‘exotic’ destinations have led to a significant increase in foreign travel by UK citizens.
Emergency Nurse. 16, 4, 30-37. doi: 10.7748/en2008.07.16.4.30.c6607
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now