Importance of talking to seriously ill patients
Dion Smyth Lecturer-practitioner, Cancer and palliative care at Birmingham City University
Improving, increasing, integrating and better documenting conversations about serious illness with regard to the patient’s preferences, values and goals is possible and desirable, according to an American study of the effectiveness of a communication quality improvement intervention.
Cancer Nursing Practice.
18, 3, 10-10.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now