How my experience helped me empathise with patients
Nicola James Nurse consultant, Morriston Hospital, Swansea, Wales
After being diagnosed with a serious illness I have realised that the psychological effects are the most profound
I have been an oncology nurse for more than 30 years. Most people would regard me as sensible, rational, calm and not prone to panic. And good at dealing with illness – that is, until I became ill myself.
Cancer Nursing Practice.
18, 3, 14-14.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now