How my experience helped me empathise with patients
Nicola James Nurse consultant, Morriston Hospital, Swansea, Wales
After being diagnosed with a serious illness I have realised that the psychological effects are the most profound
I have been an oncology nurse for more than 30 years. Most people would regard me as sensible, rational, calm and not prone to panic. And good at dealing with illness – that is, until I became ill myself.
Cancer Nursing Practice.
18, 3, 14-14.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now