Compassion fatigue: how you and your team can cope
What to do when the emotional and physical toll of caring reduces your ability to empathise
Compassion fatigue is sometimes described as the ‘cost of caring’, where emotional and physical exhaustion lead to a reduced ability to empathise or feel compassion for others.
Cancer Nursing Practice.
20, 5, 13-14.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now