Why do we feel compelled to work even when we’re ill?
Jane Bates Ophthalmic nurse, Hampshire
The pain was so bad I wanted to bang my head against a wall. I had a tooth abscess, and the only analgesics I could take were having little effect.
Nursing Standard. 32, 20, 33-33. doi: 10.7748/ns.32.20.33.s24
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now