When the Unacceptable Becomes the Norm
Lynne Phair Independent nurse consultant, Adult safeguarding and older people
This is an account of the care the author’s mother received in a care home, and how he and his family fought over many years to ensure standards were upheld.
Nursing Standard. 32, 22, 34-34. doi: 10.7748/ns.32.22.34.s28
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now