The power of my own mental health journey
Francesca Hufton Third-year mental health nursing student, Canterbury Christ Church University in Kent
Experience as a service user may at first seem like a barrier, but lived experience of illness is an asset in nursing
My desire to become a nurse was driven entirely by my own experiences of being a mental health service user.
35, 10, 41-42.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now