‘Baptism of fire’ - my first job in critical care
Jesse Boxall-Steeden Staff nurse, Critical care at Medway NHS Foundation Trust in Kent
What I’ve learned about asking for help and having support networks
After graduating from Canterbury Christ Church University in September 2019, I started my nursing career in a medical high dependency unit.
Nursing Standard. 35, 6, 30-30. doi: 10.7748/ns.35.6.30.s17
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now