Say what you want – and make it count
Mandy Day-Calder Freelance writer and life/health coach
Good communication is crucial for effective care. The first of a three-part series looks at how to be more assertive
Regardless of what field of nursing you are in, how you communicate is an integral part of the care patients receive. If you reflect on any treatment plan, you will discover layers of communication – between GP, nurse, patient, carers, relatives, emergency staff, ward staff and community teams.
Nursing Standard. 32, 23, 37-38. doi: 10.7748/ns.32.23.37.s30
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now