Reporting poor care
Anita Skinner Nurse and manager, Discovery Care, Kent
A CPD article improved Anita Skinner’s understanding of nurses’ responsibilities in raising concerns and reporting poor care
The article focused on the importance of raising concerns and reporting poor care. It outlined the responsibilities of nurses who witness poor care in their practice, and the procedures they should follow to report it.
Nursing Standard. 32, 20, 64-65. doi: 10.7748/ns.32.20.64.s36
This reflective account is based on NS873 Ion R, Jones A, Craven R (2016) Raising concerns and reporting poor care in practice. Nursing Standard. 31, 15, 55-62. rcni.com/reporting-poor-care
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now