Rose Gallacher Staff nurse, Queen Elizabeth University Hospital, Glasgow
A CPD article improved Rose Gallacher’s knowledge of the importance of reflection in nursing practice
The article defined reflection, and demonstrated how it can be used to support nurses’ revalidation with the Nursing and Midwifery Council. It also explained various models of reflection that nurses can use in their practice.
Nursing Standard. 32, 12, 64-65. doi: 10.7748/ns.32.12.64.s36
The reflective account in this issue is based on NS842 Nicol JS, Dosser I (2016) Understanding reflective practice. Nursing Standard. 30, 36, 34-40
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now