NICE guidance on child abuse and neglect
Erin Dean Freelance health journalist
One in five children in the UK has experienced severe maltreatment, according to the National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children. Cruelty to children and young people is a criminal offence. It can have serious adverse health and social consequences, for example, affecting growth and increasing the likelihood of antisocial behaviour and suicidal thoughts.
Nursing Standard. 32, 12, 15-15. doi: 10.7748/ns.32.12.15.s11
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now