NICE guidance on care for premature babies
Erin Dean Freelance health journalist
Almost 49,000 babies are born before 37 weeks’ gestation, in the UK every year. About 5% of these are before 28 weeks. Preterm birth is associated with an increased risk of developmental difficulties including physical, sensory, cognitive and learning disorders, and emotional and behavioural problems. These can be lifelong.
32, 21, 15-15.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now