My journey back to front-line nursing
Ali Richards Staff nurse, Royal Lancaster Infirmary Frailty Unit, Community Healthcare Innovation, a community interest company
Ali Richards had been away from clinical practice for more than two decades when she decided to take a job as a staff nurse on an acute ward. She discovered she has a lot to learn, but also plenty to offer
After 25 years working in leadership and management in the NHS, the private sector and across the UK and Ireland, I decided to return to being a staff nurse on an acute clinical ward.
32, 21, 18-20.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now