Matt Griffiths Visiting professor of prescribing and medicines management, Birmingham City University
How can we manage the medicines that patients bring into hospital?
Patients are often asked to bring their own medication into hospital. This helps staff to keep an accurate record of what is currently being prescribed and actually taken, and ensures any medication issues can be addressed. It also helps ensure that patients receive their regular medication if those medicines aren’t stocked in the hospital pharmacy.
Nursing Standard. 32, 12, 30-30. doi: 10.7748/ns.32.12.30.s21
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now