Maintain standards – but be realistic too
Mandy Day-Calder Freelance writer and life/health coach
Knowing what matters most, and that you’re doing your best, can help you cope with myriad demands
Even though it’s been a good few years since I nursed on the wards, I will never forget that feeling at the end of a 12-and-a-half-hour shift.
Nursing Standard. 32, 10, 37-38. doi: 10.7748/ns.32.10.37.s42
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now