It’s degree-educated, registered professionals we really need, Mr Hunt
We need more nurses. You knew that already, and so did I, but finally England’s health secretary, Jeremy Hunt, has reached the same conclusion. The only danger is that Mr Hunt’s definition of a nurse may differ from yours and mine.
Nursing Standard. 32, 7, 3-3. doi: 10.7748/ns.32.7.3.s1
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now