I know how TB patients feel
Mel Burden Infection prevention and control nurse specialist, Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital
Infection prevention nurse and former TB patient Mel Burden says nurses should improve their understanding of the disease
During 2010-11 I spent 6 months working in a rural South African hospital, where drug-resistant tuberculosis (TB) was rife. I was diagnosed with TB 10 months after my return to the UK.
31, 12, 29-29.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now