Giving community teams the time to care
Erin Dean Freelance health journalist
A Dutch model of community nursing in which self-managed teams provide social and nursing care has reached London, where it’s making a big impression on patients and staff
Many nurses would love to have the chance to spend more time with patients, make them a cup of tea and really unpick their complex health problems. In one area of London nurses are doing that, with the introduction of an approach to community nursing from the Netherlands.
Nursing Standard. 32, 25, 26-28. doi: 10.7748/ns.32.25.26.s19
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now