Seven steps to help patients overcome a ‘fear of finding out’
Angel Chater Reader in health psychology and behaviour change, University of Bedfordshire
Health psychologist Angel Chater explains the techniques that can help nurses to connect with patients who seem ambivalent about accessing healthcare, even when they may have potentially serious conditions
Have you ever come across a patient who seems disengaged with their health – in particular, reticent about seeking treatment or acting on clinical advice? If you have, you are not alone.
Nursing Standard. 33, 1, 24-25. doi: 10.7748/ns.33.1.24.s12
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now