Don’t be afraid to give prison nursing a try
Lynne Pearce Freelance health journalist
Prisons can be dangerous places, but the risks are known and planned for. And with prison healthcare often nurse led, there is a lot more to the role than people may realise
If you’ve never considered prison nursing or discounted it as dangerous, it’s time to think again, says Ben Tolley, who is responsible for healthcare across eight prison sites in Northamptonshire and neighbouring counties.
Nursing Standard. 32, 12, 38-39. doi: 10.7748/ns.32.12.38.s32
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now