Why I helped to prosecute a patient
Gemma Gessey Emergency department sister, The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust
We need to stand up to acts of aggression and not accept them as ‘part of the job’ by ensuring there are consequences to attacks
At work last year, I was physically assaulted by a patient who had wrapped a radio wire around a hospital security guard’s neck. I was kicked and spat at when I tried to help my colleague.
37, 8, 27-27.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now