The best way to fix a shortage of nurses is to have more nurses
Peter Griffiths Chair, Health sciences research, University of Southampton, National Institute for Health Research
Research findings on staffing are consistently clear – the registered nurse has no substitute
We all know the NHS is desperately short of nurses. The number of nursing vacancies is close to 40,000 – about one in eight posts.
34, 1, 13-13.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now