Rejecting the myth of the ‘perfect victim’
Leanne Patrick Gender-based violence nurse specialist with NHS Fife
Nurses can safeguard women experiencing domestic or sexual violence, but first need to understand survivor behaviours
The recent defamation trial between Johnny Depp and Amber Heard dominated social media for weeks. There was much online discussion about how a ‘real’ victim of domestic abuse or sexual violence behaves or what ‘true’ survivors look like.
37, 8, 13-13.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now