Paltry pay award will put lives at risk
Nicki Credland Chair, British Association of Critical Care Nurses
Until we are paid what we deserve, staff retention will continue to define the workforce crisis and endanger patient safety
The government’s proposed pay award of 1% has caused widespread anger, but it is important that we do not suggest that nurses deserve more pay in reward for their hard work during the pandemic – it is about much more than that.
36, 4, 13-13.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now