Misogyny thrives when women are silenced
Leanne Patrick Gender-based violence nurse, NHS Fife, RCN Feminist Network
Sarah Everard’s murder has exposed the grim reality for many women online and in the workplace – and nursing is not immune
The recent disappearance and suspected murder of Sarah Everard has seen a huge outpouring of stories on social media highlighting the fear shared by so many women and their collective grief.
36, 4, 11-11.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now