Handover tips for every shift
Maria Jennings Matron, Care of older people, Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Clear, concise communication is vital when changing shifts
I’ve seen handovers from many nursing perspectives. Since starting at the Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust as a healthcare assistant in 2005, I have been a staff nurse, sister and ward manager, and I am now a matron.
36, 2, 38-38.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now