Hand hygiene is still the best defence
Rose Gallagher RCN professional lead for infection prevention and control
Gloves have their place, especially during a pandemic, but hand hygiene remains the key to preventing the spread of infection
A mid the huge challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic, nurses have been faced with situations they would never have conceived of when they entered the profession.
35, 10, 58-58.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now