Government’s offer is a leap in the right direction
Josie Irwin RCN associate director employment relations, and the college’s lead pay negotiator
A rise of 6.5% over three years is not a panacea, but the offer is free of unpalatable demands, so RCN members will be encouraged to accept
Six months after more than 2,000 RCN members descended on Westminster to ask the government to ‘scrap the cap’, they now stand to benefit from their biggest pay rise in more than ten years.
Nursing Standard. 33, 1, 9-9. doi: 10.7748/ns.33.1.9.s7
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now