Does social media share our concerns or fuel our anxiety?
Leanne Patrick Mental health nurse, Community drug and alcohol service, NHS Forth Valley, and project coordinator, The Mental Elf
As the public looks for healthcare guidance online, it is more important than ever that nurses choose their words wisely
In Man’s Search for Meaning the author, psychiatrist and Holocaust survivor Viktor Frankl, describes his life as a prisoner in a concentration camp during the second world war. He believed that, in the most dire circumstances, finding a sense of meaning or purpose is the key to enduring and surviving great pain and suffering.
Nursing Standard. 35, 5, 29-30. doi: 10.7748/ns.35.5.29.s15
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now