Diabetes and care homes: how to manage risk related to COVID-19
Erin Dean Health journalist
Residents of nursing homes and residential care homes are a population with a high number of comorbidities who are particularly vulnerable to COVID-19 infection. One quarter of these residents have diabetes and two thirds may have frailty, which is a better predictor of intensive care unit outcomes than age or other factors.
Nursing Standard. 35, 7, 70-70. doi: 10.7748/ns.35.7.70.s21
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now