Caring for body and mind
Amy Baker Third-year mental health nursing student, University of York
Giving mental health nurses more training would enable them to manage the physical health of patients better
A community placement in my second year of training opened my eyes to the lack of physical healthcare for patients with mental health issues.
Nursing Standard. 32, 5, 36-36. doi: 10.7748/ns.32.5.36.s40
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now