Call the experts: Supporting ward nurses and saving lives
Lynne Pearce Freelance health journalist
At London’s University College Hospital a highly successful nurse-led outreach team brings the best care to deteriorating patients wherever they are in the hospital. The impact of the critical care outreach role has been enormous since its introduction to the UK in 2000
For many ward nurses, seeing a patient begin to deteriorate can be extremely worrying and stressful. In most hospitals support comes from the expert nurses who work in critical care outreach teams.
Nursing Standard. 33, 1, 72-74. doi: 10.7748/ns.33.1.72.s20
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now