Back to intensive care – it’s my privilege
Kim Tolley Bank staff nurse
One nurse’s experience of returning to clinical practice to help the NHS cope amid the pandemic, after a 25-year break
After a long break from clinical practice, I had been hankering to a return for some time. I joined my local trust’s nurse bank in January and worked in endoscopy. When the COVID-19 pandemic hit, it seemed obvious I should find out whether my rusty intensive care skills could be useful.
Nursing Standard. 35, 5, 23-23. doi: 10.7748/ns.35.5.23.s12
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now