Breathing exercises help reduce pneumonia risk after surgery
Pneumonia and other lung complications are halved after major abdominal surgery if patients are taught breathing exercises by a physiotherapist, researchers say.
Nursing Standard. 32, 28, 17-17. doi: 10.7748/ns.32.28.17.s13
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now