‘Stop and check – it could save a life’
Alison Moore Freelance health journalist
Giving the wrong blood can be fatal, but stricter routines and electronic tracking are helping to reduce the hazards of transfusion
Having a blood transfusion has probably never been safer, but this has only been achieved with constant vigilance by all involved.
Nursing Standard. 33, 5, 72-74. doi: 10.7748/ns.33.5.72.s23
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now