Be your own number one supporter
Mandy Day-Calder Freelance writer and health/life coach
Valuing yourself is a vital ingredient of self-esteem, but developing self-compassion can take time
Life is tough for nurses and it’s natural to look for external reasons why your career objectives may have remained unmet, such as lack of funding and staff shortages.
32, 21, 37-38.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now