Avoiding missed doses
Matt Griffiths Visiting professor of prescribing and medicines management, Birmingham City University
Is it okay to sign for medicines before I witness the patient taking them?
Ward drug rounds can be time-consuming, and it can take a while for patients to ingest multiple medications. If you prepare the medicines at the drugs trolley and then delegate the task of witnessing the patient take them, you may not see them being administered.
32, 21, 30-30.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now