Avoiding disturbed sleep in hospitals
Joy Duxbury Nurse lecturer, St Martin’s College School of Health, Lancaster
The second article in our series on patients' sleep and night nursing explores the reasons why patients may have difficulty in sleeping in hospital. The author links at the various definitions and classification of insomnia and identifies the most likely causes of a disturbed night’s sleep in hospital.
9, 10, 31-34.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now