Will a type 2 timebomb be one legacy of lockdown?
Daniel Allen Health journalist
Comfort eating, lack of exercise and increased alcohol consumption could mean a surge in diabetes diagnoses
Research released by NHS England shows that the overall death rate for people with diabetes doubled during the early stages of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Nursing Standard. 35, 7, 67-69. doi: 10.7748/ns.35.7.67.s20
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now