The steps to take to support nervous or anxious patients
A nurse with clear and empathetic communication skills can allay a patient’s fears about a treatment, procedure or impending consultation
Nervousness shows itself in many ways, but however it presents in your patient, it can disrupt the therapeutic relationship.
36, 2, 35-37.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now