Should I say sorry? How to handle complaints – and also learn from them
While negative feedback may be difficult to hear, an empathetic approach can often prevent issues escalating
The NHS in England received more than 208,000 written complaints in 2018-19 – an average of 572 a day.
36, 1, 19-21.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now