Questionable job titles are rife in NHS, and give patients false sense of security
Stephanie Jones-Berry Freelance health journalist
Nursing Standard investigation reveals thousands of unregistered NHS support staff are referred to as ‘nurse’ or ‘advanced’, yet the task of reviewing misleading job titles is being le to individual organisations
Many NHS trusts in England are using misleading job titles for staff, which nursing experts warn is a risk to patient safety. Thousands of unregistered support staff on Agenda for Change (AfC) pay bands 1-4 have job titles that include the word ‘nurse’, a Nursing Standard investigation reveals.
Nursing Standard. 33, 1, 10-12. doi: 10.7748/ns.33.1.10.s8
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now