Now the clapping has stopped, will nurses see a decent pay rise?
After months of praise for ‘NHS heroes’, the government has the chance to reflect the nation’s gratitude in its pay awards, and staff will not be happy to accept any caps or freezes
The COVID-19 crisis has brought the dedication, skill and expertise of the nursing profession into sharp focus like never before.
Nursing Standard. 35, 7, 8-10. doi: 10.7748/ns.35.7.8.s6
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now