An evaluation of sharp safety hypodermic needle devices
Joanna Ford Research and development officer, Surgical Materials Testing Laboratory, Princess of Wales Hospital, Bridgend
Peter Phillips Director, Surgical Materials Testing Laboratory, Princess of Wales Hospital, Bridgend
Sharps injury and exposure to blood-borne viruses is an occupational hazard for healthcare professionals. This article describes an evaluation of three sharp safety hypodermic needle devices in six hospitals in Wales. User acceptability and performance was assessed.
25, 35, 39-44.
This article has been subject to double blind peer review
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now