A make-believe world with real-life results
Once upon a time there was a mental health nurse called Jess Wilson, who found that storytelling could be therapeutic. Now she has established an evidence base for her work and is training clinicians in a variety of settings to harness the power of imagination
Jess Wilson is a clinical nurse specialist in storytelling, perhaps the first nurse ever to hold such a title. Mental health nurse Ms Wilson landed the position as part of a secondment to mental health services in Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board in Swansea.
Nursing Standard. 32, 23, 22-25. doi: 10.7748/ns.32.23.22.s17
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now